Thursday, August 15, 2013

Why be blogged?


So this is it....the wonderful, yet slightly unknown world of blogging.

I'm sure I am already a better person because of it! Some may be asking "Emma you aren't really up to speed with blogging, why on earth would you then create your own?"

Well you're right....I am quite inexperienced, but I was always a bit of a sink or swim child, so why not try swimming and just see what happens......

So first me (I was told to always create a relationship with your audience)....

I'm Emma. I am a 25 year old PE teacher in country Victoria. I would like to think I am relatively normal (whatever that is) and living a relatively normal and uneventfully life. I enjoy being outdoors; I dabble in sports such as netball and basketball. I love running (I'm certain this will be referred to as "The Emma Shuffle" later, and no, this isn't a new dance craze like Gangnam style, although sometimes it looks very similar). I indulge in life's greatest things such as wine and chocolate (more often than I should) and in a real kick in the guts (literally) I have recently found out I am gluten intolerant.

Why blog?

(If I had a dollar for every time someone asked me why I blog I would be.....in exactly the same financial situation as I am currently.)

Am I doing this due to peer pressure? Am I doing this to make me a happier person? Am I doing this to make others happy? Or did I just come up with an idea early one winter’s morning? It goes like this

Patrick from offspring died (Yes, I am OK...just)

The next day I was half way through my morning treadmill run. I was in my happy place - my head.

I was shuffling along when all of a sudden I am laughing out loud! WHAT?!?! My head told me a joke-and it was so funny I couldn’t do a little shoulder wobble silent laugh, or one of those silly quick laughs just out your nose. It was a loud belly laugh.

I know what you're thinking..."Emma, that's embarrassing!!", "weirdo" or you're laughing out loud in your office/lounge room as you have previously been victim to this unintentional and uncontrolled bout of laughter.

It does have the potential to be very embarrassing, if your head is currently visualising a city gym with 100's of early morning sweat machines but not here in my beautiful country town. It was just me and my head. (Thankfully) and so then I had a bit of an epiphany *insert heavenly music here* If my own head can make me laugh out loud (it doesn't happen very often. I'm not totally crazy) then maybe.....just MAYBE I should write these thoughts and someone else might even get a smile out of it.

So there you have my purpose (and for those fellow teachers, my learning intention).

So please, enjoy xo

(For those who are going to lose sleep over it, I actually have no idea what was so funny in my head. Apologies. - as obviously that would make this a little funny)

1 comment:

  1. I have been telling you for years (perhaps not literally) that you should be blogging. Not really but I will take credit for it none-the-less. I very much enjoyed this post and am in a state of curiosity trying to work out what might have been so funny to get you laughing out loud on the treadmill...certainly not the death of a beloved and very spunky character on Australia's favourite comedy/drama.

    Blogging is a whole new world and who knows who and what you might inspire with this almighty effort. I look forward to your forthcoming posts and will be an avid reader.

    Yours in blogging.

    Remember...

    I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo blogging about this!


    ReplyDelete